8.16.2011

Holy Moly!

Okay so it has been forever since I've posted anything on here. It's a lot of work to put up new tutorials weekly like I first envisioned! Well I guess it's time to start fresh with a few changes...

We've gotten all settled into our new city, and since I'm still without a job it's a great time for me to craft. Have gotten a lot of work done for my etsy site and just started to try and sew some stuff for the heck of it. My mom gave me one of her old sewing machines so I spent all day yesterday figuring out how to use it. I made a wonky little bag which I am determined to use one way or another. Then after that I got started on a wallet as a present for my mom.
I found this great tutorial:
http://elily00.wordpress.com/tutorials/wallet/
I worked like a dog and got a super cute (I think anyways) wallet done over the course of a day. It probably wouldn't take near as long if I were any good with a sewing machine. But here is what I ended up with.

I love this fabric!

I added a loop in the center to hold a pen (that's the only change I made from the pattern).

I made a trip to Joann Fabric today and found some great fabric to start on another wallet, I have yet to decide if it will be for my sister or for me to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment